Monday, March 12, 2012

You know you're a mom when...

...you know the exact moment to remove the bottle from the tap by sound alone and get it perfect every time.

...you can dish yourself dinner complete with gravy one handed with a baby on your hip.

I did both of those today.

Yup. I'm one talented lady!

It amazes me how dependent on two hands I was before I was a mom and how many of those tasks can now be completed with one.

Take sweeping for example. Most people need both hands to sweep the floor and I've figured out how to do it with only one. Mostly because Noella likes to chase the dirt I'm sweeping in an attempt to stick her hand in it and then lick it. (we're working on teaching her that dirt is not a major food group)
Clearly, I'm not this flexible but you get the idea...

The Miss has suddenly needs me to hold her any time I'm doing anything during the day. I've got to say I'm kind of enjoying it. It's been a few months since she's wanted to be just held close. She was super independent starting from the time she could sit up by herself. She's always wanting to be moving or doing something. I'm relishing these days when she slows down for a nice long snuggle with her mama.



No comments:

Post a Comment