Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Holy walking Batman!

So the Miss decided to just up and walk on the night of her 1st birthday. So awesome! She has slowly been getting more courageous over the past week and taking more steps alone.

Today that girl wanted to walk everywhere. I babysit on Wednesday afternoons for a friend who has three kiddos. Normally she's super delighted in their interactions as the youngest is a year ahead of her. She squeals and crawls after them trying to keep up but not today. Oh no. Today, she was busy walking. She walked all over that house. Down the hall, in the playroom, around and around in the living room and then off into the kitchen.

It's kind of surreal. I remember last year what a tiny helpless little thing she was and now, holy cow, she's walking. All by her self. Like a big girl.

Not going to lie... It almost makes my uterus ache for another peanut. But not just yet. I'm still very much enjoying having just her. Besides, I'm not sure I'm ready to spend 9 months with a garbage can within arm's length.

That little girl amazes me with her strength and persistence. She tries her darnedest to get into everything and when you walk over to get her after she's ignored you for the 5th time she looks up with this huge smile and those blue eyes sparkling and you can't help but light up too.

She has the charm of her Daddy and the attitude of me. It's quite the combination I tell ya. She's a firecracker and now that she's on the move, we really have our work cut out for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment