Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Two years

Right about this time exactly two years ago, this photo was taken.


I was preparing for the biggest event in my life to that point. My wedding day.

As I look back on that day, I am filled with joy knowing that when I walked down the aisle in my white dress that Jason was there waiting for me. His eyes were filled with tears of excitement and love. It was perfect.


So many things have happened in our little life since that day. We've moved 3 times in two different states, we've become parents to the most wonderful little girl anyone could ask for. We have had our shares of fights and more than our share of laughter. We've been through a lot but the most important part is that we've been through it together.

He chose my particular brand of crazy and for that I'm eternally grateful. I can't think of anyone else who is as unconditionally loving as he is. He never fails to make me laugh even when I'm at my breaking point of frustration. I couldn't ask for more.


Jason has taught me a lot about life and about love. That a willingness to meet your partner halfway and some days a little more is an absolute must. He has taught me how to step back and take care of me too. He has taught me the importance of stability. He is my rock. The one I can always turn to and while he may not always understand why I'm feeling what I am (for heaven's sake sometimes I don't even know why I'm upset) he's always there to snuggle me.

He is my electric blanket when my feet are cold. He is the only man I know willing to ask for seconds of burnt crock pot chili. He rubs my back without having to be asked. He always holds my hand in the car. He is the most loving Daddy I've ever met. Jason Chauvin is home for me.




(In case you missed it, here is last year's anniversary post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment