Monday, September 19, 2011

One year

The Mister and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary on Sunday. It's been a whole darn year. I can't believe it! I wanted to share some of our milestones and maybe a few little known facts about our wedding day.

  • We met February 6th 2010 at a mutual friend's house. Actually, it was the oldest daughter of my employer at the time who set us up.
  • Our first date was to a Cardinal's hockey game in Plattsburgh NY on February 12th 2010. (our first kiss was also that night... :) )
  • We were engaged on April 18th 2010 at my parent's house in Antrim NH. He kneeled down in my bedroom while i was helping him with his tie for church and proposed. It was magical. Though he'll tell you it wasn't THAT magical because i didn't cry. But he did. So at least there were tears and i was SO happy.
  • I found out officially i was pregnant on July 10th 2010. Totally not planned but still, a major milestone and what an amazing surprise she's been!
  • We were married September 18th 2010 in the Trudell's backyard in Keeseville NY. It was a small wedding with mostly family and it was a little chilly to have an outdoors wedding but the night was beautiful.
  • We moved out of my parent's house January 8th 2011 into our very first apartment and awaited the arrival of our little bundle of joy. It wasn't until we moved into that little apartment that we started to feel like we had made it. We were a little family.

Now onto the fun facts about our wedding!
  • The whole thing (except my dress) was less that $1600. (my mom is super proud of this one)
  • We booked our justice of the peace with a week to spare.
  • One of the groomsmen's vehicles broke down on the way to the wedding and he actually walked about 1/4 mile to get to the wedding and stuck it out until halfway through the reception before taking care of it. What an amazing friend he is!
  • Our wedding pictures were taken in the same orchard as our engagement pictures were.
  • All of Jason's Dad's siblings made it to the wedding except for one and it was the first time they had all been together in years.
  • The morning i bought my wedding dress was also the morning we got our bridesmaid dresses (except for Becky). I threw up on the way there because morning sickness was still my enemy.
  • It was the first time i had seen my dad cry in years and to be honest, i wouldn't have lost it if he hadn't. :)
  • My dad also picked out the song he and I danced to. and my 13 year old cousin was the one to find our wedding song. It's this song.
Now here are some fun pictures of us.


This was the very first picture Jason saw of me before we had even met.

Our very first picture together. This was after two weeks of dating. We were in Lake Placid NY.

Our favorite engagement picture.

Ta-da! We're married.

I of course, had to tell him i'd still give him a run for his money even when we were married. ;)

Here we are one year later and plus one and still just as happy.

I love that man so much and i'm so glad he picked me. Here's to many more years together!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so stinkin cute!! Loved reading this post!! Happy Anniversary! So glad we were there for your big day!! :)

    ReplyDelete