Tuesday, September 11, 2012

For Her









I suppose I put together this montage of photos to prove to myself that even if it seems like Noella and I don't have any photos together we do in fact have a few. It's hard to get in the photo when you're the one behind the camera. 

The very last photo of Noella an I was taken yesterday in my driveway using the timer on my camera and a very nifty tripod. I took this because I realized that in our handful of photos together that we have major gaps in time. I'd like to decrease those gaps so that when she looks back on these photos she won't just see herself but that I was there too. 

Yes, some may argue that the mere fact that I was taking the photo meant that I was also there but it isn't quite the same. Documenting yourself on the floor with your child playing or perhaps chasing them in the yard takes some imagination and careful planning but it can be done. It should be done. I want Noella to know that I was there with her. Playing an active role and not just as a passive observer. As she gets older she'll be able to capture these memories for herself in her brain but for these first years, these most precious first years, I want to be there too. 

That's why friends, I'm starting a sort of self challenge to make more of an effort to haul out the tripod and capture us. And by us I mean my whole family. Mister, the Miss and me, Puddin' Pop. 

Here's to documenting the little moments because at the end of the day, those are what count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment