Sunday, March 27, 2011

On the 7th day...

Today, Noella is one week old.
We've survived our first week as parents. It started out rough but i think we've got the hang of it.

Every time i look at that little girl, i'm amazed. Amazed that i grew her. At how much she looks like her daddy. I'm amazed at her strength. At her personality and the fact that she already has an attitude very much like mine. I'm amazed that i gave birth to her. Something i wasn't sure i could have ever done.

She's changed everything in so many ways. I wouldn't trade this feeling for the world. As different as life has become, it seems so natural at the same time. Transitioning from being just plain old Eryn into a Mom has been the most natural thing in the world for me. I suppose i'm surprised because everyone tells you how life will never be the same after you're a parent and it kind of scared me. I didn't know what kind of change i was expecting but it just seems like she's always been here. Maybe she has been. Kind of watching us from Heaven and making sure things were lined up just perfectly for her arrival. and ya know what? they were. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment