Friday, January 4, 2013

Thanksgiving. A month and a half late...

So the idea of having to host my own Thanksgiving never crossed my mind. I figured between my family and Jason's we'd be covered and I'd never have to cook. EVER.

Wrong.

When we moved, we left my Thanksgiving safety net behind. We were on our own this year. Scary.

Honestly, I was more afraid of the turkey than anything else. I mean, it's a HUGE bird and my first roast chicken? Disaster. I put it in the pan upside down so it was resting on it's breasts. I was terrified of an even bigger bird. Honestly, it wasn't that hard once I stopped freaking out and googled it. Surprisingly simple. Butter, salt and pepper the skin and then cook it for 19 minutes per pound at... I don't recall the temperature exactly... I think maybe 350? But that's not the point. It was easy peasy.


I prepped everything the night before so all I had to do was pop it in the oven the next day. As you can see, there was no room anywhere for any more food. 

The morning of Thanksgiving was pretty normal. Noella spent her morning either like this:


Or snacking on grapes watching the parade.


We got everything cooking and ended up eating earlier than I thought we would.


Our lovely little table all set for Thanksgiving goodies. 


Who's ready for some turkey!?


Our turkey that I was so freaked out about turned out wonderfully.



Gorgeous right? Thanks. I know. :)

We ate our fill and the Miss was comatose with mashed potatoes so while she napped the Mr. and I lounged in our own turkey induced comas and watched some football. 



Later that night we went over to the Trudell's house to watch them kick off their spectacular light show. I don't have any pictures unfortunately but a fun time was had by all until the Miss started to freak out over the blinking lights. 

All in all, I think this Thanksgiving was a success. 






No comments:

Post a Comment