Friday, August 26, 2011

I'm never going to....

I have put that phrase at the beginning of lots of sentences in my life. Here are a few of my own rules I've broken.

I'm never going to be the type of mom to constantly wear a pony tail, cut off shorts and generic t-shirts. I'm going to have PRIDE in my appearance even as a mom.
FAIL.
This summer, it's all I've lived in. I also don't believe in "proper" bras anymore. Sports bras are it for me at the moment.

I'm never going to be the type of mom to always put bows in my little girl's hair.
FAIL.
After having to correct one too many people of her gender when she wasn't totally draped in pink as a newborn, i don't generally let her leave the house without a headband.

I'm never going to be the type of wife to always cook a hot meal for my hubby. Some times I'm going to take a night off.
FAIL.
While during my pregnancy, this may have been the case as we ordered out when i wasn't up to it, since having moved i cook almost every night and nights i don't, Jason does.

I'm never going to talk "baby talk" to my kids. They should be taught proper speech from the beginning.
FAIL.
I melt every time Noella talks. So i mimic her and sometimes don't pronounce my R's when speaking to her.

I'm never going to forget to take "me" time as a mom.
FAIL.
"Me" time consists of escaping to the laundromat once a week or taking a late night shower. I haven't gotten out of the house to do anything in a while. I'm a homebody. Which is another thing I've become and swore never to do.

The point of this post is that in life, we may say "I'm NEVER going to..." but circumstances and people change. I guess what I'm saying is, never say never. Things rarely go as planned and staying open brings better things into your life. It can mean the difference between being stuck in a rut and moving on. And I'm glad to say, I'm moving on in life. I'm making new choices and taking time on building myself as a wife and mother. I'm trying to keep the word never out of my vocabulary at the moment and staying open to new opportunities. :)

1 comment:

  1. I always said that I would never have ruby sleep in bed with us & would always be in her crib. Truth of the matter is that we co-sleep about half of every night & I kind of love it. I agree with you on a lot of these things.
    Oh, & regarding your "i never" about bras -- I have been wearing nursing tanks instead of bras since ruby was born, so about 5 1/2 mos now. I went to put on my old bras & yowch!! those things are freaking uncomfortable! Underwire is the devil! haha will def have to do some shopping for new, more comfortable, altho probably less supportive, bras. I *never* knew I'd be doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete