Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Biscuits


There's been a lot of naked biscuits around lately.


I don't particularly mind though because they are awfully cute.

That's right. My babe is out of diapers. Kind of. She uses one at night and one for naptime. Woohoo!

It's been a long process and we still aren't finished because she wants to take her time and some days she just doesn't wanna. but I'm trying to be flexible and supportive of her choices.



Flexible and supportive means that she gets a day in diapers if she asks for it because to be honest, those are the days that she woke up cranky and isn't showing any signs of changing her attitude any time soon.


Flexible and supportive means that if she doesn't want to use the big potty right now I let her do her business in her little pink potty and dutifully clean it after every use.

Flexible and supportive means that some days she has accidents and I don't make a big deal about it but make sure to thank her for letting me know she's peed on the carpet in her room because she couldn't get to her potty fast enough.



Flexible and supportive also means that she gets to be bare buns because she can't pull her underwear down fast enough nor does she have the patience to let me do it before she needs to potty.



We have only tried one outing without a diaper on. Noella made it almost the whole time dry. She asked for the potty while we were in the frozen food section and with the 200ft dash from there to the bathroom, there was no way she was going to make it. It was a good thing I had thought to bring extra clothes. We will have to try again some time soon. I think she will do better if I can get her to use the big potty on a regular basis without bribes. That's something to work on! 

But seriously. I'm excited you guys. I'm only having to deal with two diapers a day and we've only had 4 accidents in the past month. She's getting to be such a big big girl. 




1 comment:

  1. So cute. I'm glad things have been going well. I understand the whole flexible and supportive thing, and the no underwear for multiple reasons, but on the head...really, you think that's a good idea ;) lol jk
    Congrats MaMa!

    ReplyDelete